My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Monday, July 9, 2012

"Max, let me introduce you to sleep."

If you have been following at all, you know that I am struggling with Max sleeping during the day.  As far as I am concerned, one can never outgrow naps, yet he seems to have different feelings on this one.

I have changed its name.  Max now has "quiet time."  When he is supposed to play quietly or take a nap if he wants to, but must allow Charlie to sleep because he LOVES to sleep ... when Max lets him.  Max is loud.  He screeches, he plays, he runs circles around his room, he says things over and over and over again in a raspy breathless voice as he does laps, " ... stop and go, stop and go, stop and go ..."

WTF.

He takes his trains and cars to the walls that Daddy must paint again ... remember trying to sell the house.  He calls out to me ... "Mom, Mom, Mommy, Mommy, MOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYY."

Go to sleep.  Puh-lease.

Charlie is sleeping, the dog is sleeping, the turtle is sleeping, I want to sleep ... why don't you?

If it weren't so bloody hot outside, we could go for a walk and he would fall asleep in the stroller, but alas, it's been upwards of 101 around here.  So, you do what you got to do.

Sometimes I can get 20 minutes later in the afternoon when he is falling asleep at the table with goldfish and raisins in front of him.  I then transfer him to the couch.  Inevitably, he is very pissy when I wake him up so he doesn't sleep the evening away.



And then other times you just have to put them in the car.


And go through the Starbucks drive-thru.


July 9th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment