My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Friday, November 25, 2011

Slow down, you're movin' to fast. Got to make the moment last.

Before I had Max and Charlie, I had control.  I ran on a schedule.  I was not a late person.  All my chores were done.  My papers were always graded for my classes.

I am lucky if I get to a doctor's appointment or Sunday services on time now.  And you know what ... I don't really care.  I am on my own majority of the time.  When I enter a doctor's office with a toddler and baby in tow, everyone behind the counter gives you that look of, "It's ok.  Your kids are so gosh darn cute." Ok, maybe not the second part, but the first part.  I will get places, but if Max is telling me he has pooped as I am trying to get in the car, then everything stops to change that diaper and sit on the potty.  My kids are my first concern now.  Do I have diapers, cups, food, snacks, bibs, extra clothes, books, teethers, my sanity?

Guess what moms?????  It is okay.  You will get done what you need to get done when you get it done.  Don't rush.  If your little one wants to dress himself and take ten minutes alone with his shoes ... awesome.  They are learning.  Max entertained Mimi and Papa for minute after minute this morning.  Were they concerned about getting to Uncle Seth and Aunt Laura's by 9am.  Nope.  Did they want to see Max get his shoes on right by himself - sure!

Enjoy the little things with your children because it is the most important thing to them right then, not getting to a doctor's appointment on time.

November 25th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment