My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Friday, December 9, 2011

"V" Day

Vasectomy that is ... not victory.

After going through labor twice, my dear husband declared he would take one for the team and go through the vasectomy instead of me having to have a tubal ligation or other procedure to ensure just our two boys.

Well, it took longer than expected and was MUCH MORE PAINFUL for Michael than any of us expected, but all is done now and he lays with a bag of frozen peas, percoset on the dresser, and a stack of movies in our bedroom.  Poor Max does not understand why Daddy can't come out or pick him up, but it will soon be better and all will be normal ... Max trying to climb the dishwasher and Charlie screaming to holy heaven as a new tooth is about to burst through.

Oh, wait, that was just an hour ago!

I told myself not to cry over this decision, and I haven't, but I cannot help feeling a little bit of a loss.  What if we could have had a girl?  What about three boys just like Michael had as he grew up?  I always said I would like three.  I always said I would have another for Michael, no matter what.  However, it was him who made the final decision.  He knew two was right for him.  He knew two was a good number, and he couldn't be happier with two boys.  I couldn't pressure him to do something that he knew was not right for him.  That's not what it is about.

Needless to say, Charlie screamed through naptime, Max hit me numerous times this morning, and I still have hickies on my face(new ones I must say).  I am beginning to believe that two is just fine with me right now as well.

December 9th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment