My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Saturday, August 10, 2013

get to know your surroundings

I have lived in Hershey, Pennsylvania for just over a month now.  I am slowly learning the back roads, where the closest Starbucks is, NOT to even venture down HersheyPark Drive during a weekend or concert night (unless I want the kids to nap in the car), and that it can smell like chocolate one day and sewage the next.  
It is fun to say I live in Hershey.  My husband works for Hershey.  My kids attend the U-Gro center in Hershey and we now live in Hershey.  Our church is right here.  I am starting to recognize people when  I go out.  
My new house gives me such joy.  The boys love the back yard and I love walking our little streets, searching for cicadas.
So today I got to know something else nearby.  Max, Charlie, and I ventured out to the nearest farm for some fruit picking.  It was blackberry day and we had a blast.   

on our way out ...

we picked the black ones

caught in the act of taste-testing ... the evidence was all over his shirt

"Charlie ... chickens."

on our way in ... 

2.2 lbs. of blackberries



Strites Orchard was fantastic - we'll be going back soon!

August 10th, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment