My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

#FTK

This past Saturday to Sunday ... I mean it,  I had the utmost absolute privilege of spending the night at Susquehanna Township high school with over a hundred some high schoolers as their unselfish efforts drove them to earn over ...

17,000  dollars 

for pediatrics cancer.  They were amazing.  Their strength and willingness to go all night long impressed me.  My college all-nighters came flooding back to me ... whereas mine were flooded with runs to 7-11, cigarettes, coffee, russian, literature, lesson plans, more coffee, etc.  Their's were flooded with dodgeball tournaments, video-games, zumba, walking tacos, ice cream, karaoke, laser tag, etc.  They did such a great job.

We got to meet numerous families affected by this horrific disease, who's lives changed in an instant.  I had the honor of teaching a few of these students and I am very happy to say some of them are still alive, 10 or so years cancer free, and going strong.  I CANNOT wait until next year.

Dodgeball was harsh.  I took a few to the face, one or two to my delicate ankles ... I am for sure recruiting for my team next year ... but what an experience.  These kids put their weekends aside and came on in.

I WILL NEVER DENY ... I LOVE MY STUDENTS TO ALL ENDS.

a few for you to enjoy ...
before ...

the one and only "Maddy"

The greatness that is Michalia

Hi.  We hijacked Mrs. Walizer's phone while she was playing dodgeball ... somewhat well.

adopted daughters

some overall captains

after

and who was awake when i got home at 5:36am?

April 30th, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment