My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Thursday, April 19, 2012

On hiatus ...

Potty training that is.

I'm taking it Max is not ready when he starts kicking pushing screaming when I am trying to put him on the pot.  Everytime I would ask him if he needed to go or wante dto go or "let's go pee on the potty" the response was always the same.  "No, 'm fine."  Then I would physically put himon the pot which he would not be happy with but I knew he had to go because of all the grabbing and touching, but he wouldn't go for i have no idea how long he sat there?  Get off, underpants on, within a few minutes he is peeing on my carpet(did I mention we are trying to sell our house)???  Little stinker!

Me:  Max, where do you go pee?
Max:  Pee 'n potty.
Me:  Why didn't you?
Max:  [shrug]

I tried reasoning with him, but after so many underpants in a morning, I think he is just not ready.  Perhaps he simply likes to pee in his pants?

I'm not giving up.  I am scared that I am scaring him and he'll never want to do it.  I'll just let him put himself there from now on, but wrap him in his Huggies otherwise.  He still seems to want to try when I'm changing him in his room, so we'll see what happens and when it happens.

By the way, poop in underpants ... yuck.

April 19th, 2012

1 comment: