My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mummy again ...

Before you all go crazy ... it's not me ... that's pregnant.  However, I will soon be overseeing a few small ... somethings.

Photo: Ok ... science people, what would likely be coming out of these?  Lovely fuzzy ducklings?

What are those?  Turtles, ducks, [gasp] snakes?

My little fascination began after my husband found them yesterday.  Now everyone must understand my husband has a tendency to over react sometimes, or at least exaggerate ... a bit.  He thought they were rattle snakes.  Really, babe?!  Because they are so prevalent to this area.  Do you all sense my sarcasm?

Ok, I KNOW they are not rattle snakes, but here is my question?  Where is mummy?  It has started to get a little cold around here at night.  I have never seen a mother of any species in sight or I would know what they are going to be.  Aren't my new little ones getting cold?  Are more buried under these three brave souls on top?  I normally see families of ducklings counting 8 to 10, not 3?

Next fear, whatever will I tell Max?  He'll see them right away.  He cannot touch them.  He cannot go up to them.  Charlie would probably pick up the dirt around them, never mind the baby ducklings.  How far away must I stay?  Don't want to contaminate the area and mummy will never come back.

Moving on, however will they survive?  We have stray cats, big turtles that eat little ducklings, foxes, possums, raccoons, need I go on ...

Just a little nervous about my new brood.  The pressure ...

September 12th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment