My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Saturday, May 25, 2013

My 2 year old


There he is ... 2 years old.  He rushed into this world 2 years ago after a very quick but never forgetful painful 2 1/2 hours for mum.  He is a whirlwind.  A cuddle bug.  Our big little boy.

Now, I know you are wondering about the rather obvious bandage on Charlie's head.  As I picked him up from U-Gro yesterday, Charlie heard the Life Lion.  Life Lion is the helicopter that flies to save lives for the literally adjoining Penn State Hershey Medical Hospital next door to U-Gro.  [Got to love the fact the ER is right there.]  Ok, back to the story.  Charlie heard LifeLion, so he ran to the window to see it pass and in doing so, slipped and hit his head into the door frame.


I'll not go into "Psycho" like details of what happened and ensued next, but I'll just show you this.  Poor Max was quite upset that little brother Charlie was hurt and thank goodness for Miss Terri who was there to help me.

So we finally got home just after 9pm after a good four hours of waiting, numbing, sedating, stitching, etc.  Max was quite a gem after the earlier tears and mum and dad had no idea what it was like to contain a 2 year old coming out of sedation.  We have a few bruises to say the least.

I understand boys are boys.  A lot more rough and tough is in my future, I know.  Yet I was not prepared for the amount of blood yesterday, the tears from Max, the shock on Michael's face when he got to the ER.  No one is ready for their little ones to get hurt.  The fact that I did this not much more than a month earlier did not make it easier.  Just calm breaths, patience, and hide your own tears.

Thankfully, Charlie seems right as rain as he ran all over the apartment with his new teddy bear, had a bite of cake, and played Pooh sticks with Max today.

And I'm fine too.

May 25th, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment