My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The intervention, when and when?

So ..........

Let's dish.

No, seriously, for reals.  My question is this:

When is it right to stand over your children and make sure they are playing nicely and calmly and not hurting each other?  It is all I ever feel like I do.  When can I trust that they are calmly playing with trucks or reading books or building blocks and I can actually sit and have a HOT cup of coffee?

Today at a school picnic held at the school due to threatening rain, majority of the other mothers or fathers could sit, enjoy a meal, listen to the retirees speak ... while I chased my children up and down the hallways and tried to shove food down their throats.

When do you know if your children are ready to play on their own?  I know it is much easier shut in our apartment than at a school picnic, but I want to able to say I have let them be, let them build their imaginations, let them share ... without pummeling each other!

June 2nd, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment