My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Goodbye Room 203

Last Monday, I closed the door to my middle school classroom one last time.  My boxes and file cabinet sat neatly taped, labeled, and stacked by the door.  They were labeled with my name, my school's initials, and my new room assignment; room 214.

Now this room 214 is not simply down the hallway.  Oh no, this room is in the high school.  That's right folks.  This teacher is moving on up!

I am excited for the new challenge of teaching high school French and very excited to have my same students, yet it is so bittersweet to leave my middle school family.  These are the people that helped me through two pregnancies, numerous ups and downs in my teaching career, I have laughed with them and cried with them.  We've exchanged educational theories and nasty jokes.  Some have left.  Some remain.

As two of the funniest guys I know would say, "stay classy STMS."

June 22nd, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment