My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Friday, October 21, 2011

Holy tantrum batman.

I thought Max was going to lose his voice today.

Jealousy is coming out, terrible two's are coming out, NO, hitting, kicking, he actually pulled my hair.

Needless to say I thought a glass of wine was in need tonight.

My little boy is changing, and even though I love him with everything I can give, I am not sure I like the changes.  He pushes me away when I try to help him down the stairs, he now tells me what he wants for lunch instead of me simply making him what I feel like he should have, he has pee'd in the potty a few times (this change is OK).  Mostly it is him not getting exactly what he wants, when he wants, as he wants it.  This is when the aforementioned actions begin.  Normally a simply said "Do you want a time out?" brings him back to reality and behaving appropriately, but not today.

I must say I am getting very skilled with the time outs and he is slowly getting it as well.  My poor little Charlie has been placed down on the floor, in his crib, in his swing too many times so I can progress into an exchange of Max screaming, sit in time out, explain problem, pops up, more screaming, sit back down, pops up, more screaming, sit back down ... you get the idea.

The hardest part of all this is when he tries to hug me between each time he pops back up and I sit him back down.  I can't hug him - he has to sit for two minutes.  I can see he is sorry.  I can see he knows he has done wrong.  But I have to stick with it.  It just sucks.  Then I remember he kicked me in the     boobs ... and I am nursing.

Sit there.

October 21st, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment