My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Innocence ...

I know there is innocence in children.  So pure.  So golden.  So precious.  However, I believe there is a certain degree of innocence in grandparents.  Little children bring out the best in them.  I have been lucky to see my parents and in-laws more lately than years before.  I know it is entirely due to the fact that I now have two very sweet little boys, yet there is a difference in them.  A sweetness.  A patience.  A glimmer that I have never seen before.    My mother-in-law, who is generally very organized and collected, allows her expensive clothes to be spit up on or poo'd on and her house to be torn apart.  My very reserved and quiet father gets down on the floor to read my son books about a hungry caterpillar and play with his train track.  It is so refreshing and reminds me that life is short.  If I have a bad day, then tomorrow is a new start.  I love grandparents!

October 1st, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment