My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Monday, January 30, 2012

Max is becoming a mommy to a monkey.

For Christmas, Max and Charlie got little sock monkeys from his Mimi and Papa.  They are very sweet and cuddly, can be dragged by tails, and are, I believe, their most human like animals besides actually having a dolly(let's not go there).

He can basically say monkey which is even cuter.  Now he has begun treating it like a baby.  Saying "hug" and picking it up to hug like he asks Michael or I for hugs.  He wants a diaper on the monkey, a t-shirt.  The funniest part is when he goes through a routine with this monkey like I do with Charlie.

He tries to cut the monkey's toenails, which do not exist but are stumps of yarn.
He puts vicks vaporub on his chest, which the dog then wants to lick off.
Aquafor ... wherever.
Combs its head, again, yarn.
Wipes its supposed boy/girl parts.
Takes to the market.
Puts in his bed, tucks it in, turns on the turtle night light, the heart beat bear, turns off the lights, shuts the door, says the "shhhh" sound and proclaims very loudly, "NAP."

Now I only saw him try to nurse a baby doll at church, I wonder if he has tried to nurse his monkey in bed at night.

Does Max have a nurturing side to him!  I believe so!  Many children will supposedly go through this, particularly if they have a little brother or sister that they observe being taken care of.  I know Max is trying to be just like me.  I'm touched ... but let's not try to nurse the monkey, Max.



January 30th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment