My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rashes ...

It all started with a fussy feverish baby.  Charlie is generally quite happy and content, like Max used to be, so when he began to get really fussy, something was wrong.  Over the course of a night, day, and into another night his fever ranged from 100.2 - 102.5.  Yikes.  Holy hotness.  I got him to the doctor on the second day and he wad diagnosed with a virus.  Mom speak ... no treatment.  Argh.  However, they did do a strep test and throat culture due to some red spots on his throat.  Both were negative.  Fever came down.  Wooh.  Then yesterday morning he woke up covered in red spots that have now become blotchy.  I really hope this is not chicken pox.  Eight months and chicken pox.  Don't they know they are supposed to get it around second grade and you get to miss a week of school.  Come on, Charlie, make it work for you.  Yesterday he screamed as I have never heard him before???????  Very strange.  Guess I'll be calling the doctor again.

January 23rd, 2012

I have now discovered that what Charlie had is 'roseola' or fifth disease.  Basically a rash that can surface after having a fever that is the result of a virus.  OK(hear the sarcasm).  I was all flustered thinking the worst ... chicken pox, measles, hives ... but noooooooooooooooo, just a fever rash, basically.  No wonder he was still his happy self.


However, there was one scary part.  I was asked about my and his exposure to pregnant women.  Luckily, we have not been around my very beautiful pregnant sister in law who is pregnant with twin girls, but that did scare me a bit.  What if we were with her.  I am so excited for her and my brother in law.  This kind of stuff, 'roseola', would not be what I call common knowledge.  I would never have known to not be around pregnant women.  A little scary.


January 25th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment