My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Friday, June 1, 2012

Stay calm and carry on.

There is a saying where I come from ...

"Stay calm and carry on."

Any guesses of my homeland?  Hint: Diamond Jubilee this weekend.  Now you are probably thinking, "Ah yes, that does sound very stuffy just as ol' queeny might be."  Judge you may but I believe she would be a very lovely old lady and granny.

Focus, Natasha.

This saying has been going in and out of my head lately and today it boiled over.  Max has literally almost ripped his door off the hinges at bedtime or naptime.  It is absolutely ridiculous that a 2 1/2 year old can be so loud and angry and defiant when it comes to staying quiet in bed for a rest or sleep.  Really.  Really.  I know some mothers would probably give me that look right now of,"Is that all that is happening?"  Well, today, I had it and I slapped him.

Before you call social services on me, I simply slapped him that he would feel it on his upper thigh.  He cried.  He knew he was not being a good boy.  I tried to keep it cool, put him back in bed, give him his animals and trains and leave.  He played quietly until a while later when we went through this scenario again as he threatened to wake up Charlie with his noise and he finally fell asleep.

Needless to say after leaving the room, I cried and grabbed the phone to call my mummy.  I felt HORRIBLE.  I hated being spanked, why was I spanking my own children?  She assured me he was fine and I had to do something and I really did not hurt him and he needs to listen to me before he breaks himself or the house.  My mum says my sister and I never showed such behaviors as these tantrums(told you we were perfect), so she couldn't give me much advice on how to handle it otherwise.

I am at a loss ... any thoughts would be great, but I am just going to keep the course, stay calm, and carry on.

June 1st, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment