Basically all of this was true during our two nights in Cape May, NJ.
1. Sleeping arrangements - We had a suite with a living/kitchen area that could be shut off. Then a bedroom. Who is more likely to get up and be up ... Max ofcourse, so his little bed got put up near our bed and Charlie slept in the pack n' play out front. Notice I said Max's bed was set up. Did he sleep in it? NO. Charlie slept in his pack n' play quite well barring a few crying fits the second night where mummy ended up on the couch next to him. Max did not want to go to bed. Shocker. Max wanted to be in the big bed. Max is a bed hog. Grrrrrrr.
2. Beach - Very cold water, but Max was determined to get as much of himself as wet as possible. Brrrrrrrrrr. Suntan lotion all over them. Mummy and Daddy were not so particular about themselves. Red as lobsters.
3. Pool - Food could be delivered to guests at the pool. Major score. A beer or two might have crossed these lips. Highlight of the day - Max and Charlie falling asleep on their parents in pool chairs so they then fell asleep in the pool chairs ... without much lotion. Please refer back to point 2.
4. Beach restaurant food - you want how much for three pancakes? Figures.
5. Stay as close as you can to the beach. Beautiful views. Not too far of a distance to haul all your crap to said beach.
6. Wishing your child would stop screaming at the table. Enough said.
7. Still had a great time. We just won't go to Disney until they are BOTH over this whole 2/3 year old stage thing.
|"Come on Dad - let's get wet!"|
|Max in the big hole Daddy and Charlie dug while we were looking for sea glass.|
|Giggles even though it was a bit gray.|