My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

So fortunate ...

So, not much happened here.

Don't get me wrong ... two days inside and I'm going crazy but things could have been so so so so much worse.

What do you do when you're stuck inside with a three year old and a one year old while your hubby fights the good fight at work(because hotels never close, even with an impending HURRICANE because those people from New Jersey seek refuge here in the sweetest place on Earth) and you have 10 days and counting until you close on your house to move into an apartment ...

well you do this ...

Hello, my name is Natasha.  And I am a Thomas the Tank Engine train track designer EXTRAORDINAIRE.

"Mummy, mummy, MUMMMM-Y, I want to build a wall," says Max.
Great wall.

This is where stickers go.

Mark this day ... Max took a nap at home.  Mummy took a nap at home.

Charlie got hives.  Awesome.  

Play-doh.

Mummy's play-doh fun.  Max chose the blueberries on the waffles and the strawberries on the French toast.  Charlie made the sausage links (doo-doo looking items).

DADDY'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blocks.

You look at lots of pictures of Stone Harbor/Avalon NJ and cry.

Honestly, we are so lucky.  First of all, Michael got home before the harsh rains and wind started.  It got noisy out there.  Our power only flickered off and on once during the day.  WE sat on the edge of our seats for quite some time not just for the wind and rain but how scary close some of the trees got to our house.  Sad to say, all Michael and I thought of was outside damage and our house settlement in 10 days.  

We had some night visitors and their names were Max and Charlie.  Max has been in our bed the past two nights.  I got kicked in the face once and in the stomach once.  We survived.

The devastation is sickening.  People have lost everything.  People are stuck, literally stuck in Manhattan.  That would do me in ... NO WAY OUT.  How do you all do it?  My heart goes out to those who have lost anything, especially my good friends Sylvia and Ryan and their sons Aaron and Adam in New Jersey.  I immediately thought of you all.  Take care and know we are all thinking of you.

And now we pick ourselves up and move on.  This will be much easier for us than so so many others.

October 30th, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment