My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Friday, November 30, 2012

The little monster inside ...

has come out.  In both of them.  They hit.  They scream.  They bite.  They pluck.  They pinch.  They kick.  Need I say more? 

It's a jealousy thing right now I think.  They both want me and will push, shove, wedge themselves as close to me as they can get while attempting to get the other as far away from me as they can.  Let me paint you a picture:

4:56am(yes, you read that time right) cries come from back stage left, Charlie's room.

Movement from front stage center, couch, where I have been with Max for I am not sure how many HOURS.  I try to get up without waking him up.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. 

"It's okay, Max.  I'm just going to get Charlie.  I'll come right back here."

"Mommiiiieeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy."

"Max, it's okay."

"Pick me up," with outstretched arms, whining, stomping up and down on couch ... dog is up, now.  Cries continue.

"Ill take you in, but I have to pick up Charlie too."

"My mommy," he whines while clinging to me like a monkey.

[In Charlie's room ... ]

sobs ...

"Max, I have to put you down to pick Charlie up out of the crib."

"NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  My mommiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, " now whailing.

crying continues from Charlie ...

Max down.  Screams ...

Pick up Charlie.  Max begins hitting Charlie, therefore me.

"Max, NO."

"Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh."

This is where I screamed for Michael, he stumbled from the bedroom in a sleepy haze, and our morning began.


I thought myself so lucky that I did not have a jealous little boy when the new baby came home.  The only tough times were nursing to keep Max occupied, but nothing to this calibre.  It confuses me that if they are not in the same room, they want to be with the other.  Yet for my attention it is outright war.  They are somewhat evenly matched in size, yet Max is more forceful and many more cries or screams come from Charlie than Max. 

When I knew I was to have two boys, I saw much tough and rough play in my future, but with each other, not towards each other.  Time outs on a daily basis are at record counts.  But I know they love each other.  I know I am doing what I should in the way of discipline.  However I have started to research local "nut-houses" as my husband so eloquently told the boys one morning that we will be there soon.

I dont know about you, but I need to find my "elf for the shelf." 

November 30th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment