My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm over it.

Now that I have two children in daycare I have come to the realization that there will always be "sickness" in my house.  I say sickness in quotes since that word has such a plethora of meanings.

A sneeze can put Max into an ear-numbing whine, a finger to nose away from nose string of yellow snot, tongue licking top lip "grossness."

With sickness, comes medicine, comes 10 days 2 times a day shake well keep refrigerated take with food ... and a drink.  Luckily medicine has got a lot better.  It oozes.  It smells good.  It is sometimes even a very manly Easter egg shade of pink.  The flavors now are bubble gum, strawberry, grape, blue raspberry FOR GOOD GOD'S SAKE.

[Side note ... you know you all fight over the blue raspberry jolly ranchers with your kids.  I personally hide them from my students when I have them in my classroom.]

They are in these lovely bottles with little holes in the top where you insert your syringe, suck out the thick pinky or white goodness, and entice your toddler with it as a treat.  My kids ask for it ... the crack addicts they are.  If one has it, lately Charlie, Max asks for "med-sin."

Drops are a different story.  I speak of drops because I have now started a 7 day three times a day regiment with Charlie.  Ahhhhhhh ... conjunctivitis hits us again.  I swear doctors get half their pay just because they can say big words like CON-JUNC-TI-VI-TIS.  Get over it.  It's pink eye.  So now I have to convince my child to three times a day lay down look up pull my hair pick my nose hold a toy sing me a song but CAN I PLEASE GET A DROP IN EACH EYE.  I loved it how my pharmacist told me there was plenty of extra "med-sin."  What, no faith?

For once can I just go a number of days without sneezes, picking noses, yellow bogies, coughing, oozing eyeballs, tugging ears, wax-y ears, irritable tempers, no sleep, possible fevers, whining kids, bad moods, etc. etc. etc.

Wait ...

What's that ...

When ...

Oh ... when they move out, huh?

Good thing they're cute!

February 15th, 2013
When does this happen

No comments:

Post a Comment