My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Monday, February 11, 2013

potty boot camp

I always thought potty training was easy.  Perhaps I was smoking crack when I thought that or I was in such pregnant bliss that I fooled myself.  I was British.  WE potty train early.  No more nappies after two.

Did I mention Max is 3 1/3 years old.  At least I can say he is in pull-ups.  He knows he is supposed to pee in the potty.  He knows that big boys wear pulls up and babies wear diapers.  He knows how to frustrate me to no end when it comes to actually going.  He knows he gets a "treat" if he goes in the potty and he has to successfully go in the potty; not sit on the potty.  Thank goodness I have a husband who works for Hershey.

So this past weekend, we had POTTY BOOT CAMP.  No push ups, just pull ups.  No whistles, just oven timers.  But there was lots of yelling.  Ok ... not yelling per se.  Raised tones of frustration at my half naked child as he ran away from me, his tired mother, who simply wanted him to PISS IN THE POTTY so we could all scream and yell and clap and hand out chocolate treats for doing said big boy duty.  [Breathe.]

Every 40 minutes, Max was to go on the potty.  The oven timer binged, I cheerily called out dreading the soon to come argument, "Ding ding ding, Max'ers, it's pee pee time.  Come on buddy, let's go.  Do you want to sit on the big potty or the little potty?"

"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

"Max this is not an argument, this is not a discussion, I want you to try."

"No."

"Max you're going to try."

"Ok."

In hand, "do you want the big potty or the little potty?"

"Little potty."

"Mommy, don't take my legos."

"I won't take your legos."

[sitting]

"Mooommmmmmmmmy, I pee'd."

"Great job buddy."

"Mommy, I go get a Hershey kiss."

"Yes, buddy."

Every 40 minutes.  I must say though, I didn't change many wet diapers.

Tonight before bath, Max decided he wanted to be like daddy, so he stood in front of the little potty.  Now I do believe the rule is if he goes IN the potty, he gets a treat.  I was so doubled up in laughter watching my son's bare ass stand over the little potty and actually go, that he got one for not just going but also for good form.  We'll have to work on his aim later.

February 11th, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment