My Little Picasso's

My Little Picasso's

Saturday, March 31, 2012

"No, I don't know when I'll be home."

This past week, I stopped nursing during the day.  It saddened me, but I am certainly one to cut off the tit after a year.  Then I realized my husband had Thursday off ... so I could have Thursday off.

I warned him on Tuesday.

Now it figures that the boys would be up early on Thursday, but I was already antsy.  My sister in law was 1 day away from 36 weeks carrying twin girls and back in the hospital for the third time over three weeks.  It was pre-eclampsia.  Definitely.  I can relate ... but mine came after birth(HELP syndrome) and I was not carrying twins.  Would they induce her?  How big were the girls?  She was 2 cm.  Dare I go anywhere?

My dear husband told me everything would be fine and to go ... so I did.

My day was lovely.

1.  Coffee, scones, and Bible study at Barnes and Noble.
2.  Wander around carrying my NOOK as I went buying books that looked good.
3.  Over to Boscov's to buy some new bras(or as my husband so eloquently puts them "over the shoulder boulder holders) since I can wear regular bras :)  I'm a B now instead of a C.  Oh well.
4.  Rush into Five Below to look for Easter baskets - what a load of junk.

At this point, my sister in law had to have a new platelet count done before they would induce her.  The twins were both over 5 lbs. - awesome!

5.  Lunch at Macaroni Grill including Pomodorino soup, Caprese panini, Wine, Espresso, and dark chocolate gelato.  A little reading of "Violet's Secret" by Lori Rill.
6.  THE HUNGER GAMES.  Amazing.  Thrilling.  Loved it!  Through the movie, my sister in law
was induced and started on magnesium.  Epidural later.

Home.

By the way, my two nieces were born at 1:31am, Kate and 1:58am, Maddie the next morning.  My sister in law is amazing!

My day out was amazingly ... quiet.  Yes, I was out and about, but not with a two year old and a ten month old.  It felt very strange without them and a diaper bag strapped to me.  I missed them.

When can I do this again?

March 31st, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment